- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 524,657 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 24, 2019Using measurements recorded up to Sunday 24 Mar 2019 21:00:00 GMT, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 24, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: planning
Community based pressure groups always said allowing the eleven storey building heights at the south end of King’s Cross Railways Lands, now trademarked as King’s Cross, and the building height at King’s Place would result in further high buildings locally. … Continue reading
The controversial plans for the Institute of physics building at 4 Balfe Street go to planning committee for decision tonight (1900 at Town Hall on Upper St). Cabe Franklin who lives next door to the proposed building has found some … Continue reading
One for the diary – the big development proposed by the Institute of Physics for Balfe Street and the Cally Road goes to planning committee on Thursday 5 February at 1900 in the Town Hall on Upper St. Anyone can … Continue reading
Institute of Physics – application for new building in conservation area Balfe Street and Cally Road
The institute of Physics has submitted plans for a new building in the tired old site at the junction of Balfe Street and Cally Road, near Tesco behind the cocktail bar. I know there is a lot of local interest … Continue reading
Islington Gazette reports that the Whitbread hotel application for York Way/Wharfdale Road was approved at planning committee on Wednesday evening 11 February and permission will formally be granted when the paperwork is complete. As we reported previously the issue was … Continue reading
The huge post office yards about half a mile from kings cross at Mount Pleasant are due for redevelopment. And a lot of the traffic comes through Kings Cross. Mount Pleasant isn’t in our Kings Cross patch, but is close … Continue reading
Whitbread have submitted their planning application for the proposed hotel on this site. It’s live on the Islington website. Here are some links to a few documents – to get the whole lot search for application number P2013/3202/FUL or hopefully click … Continue reading
From Kings Cross Resident Ariane Schick. Britannia Street Parking Lot (planning application 2013/0592/P) On 17 May 2013 I received a planning application consultation from Camden Council concerning a plot of land between 13 Britannia Street and 146 Wicklow Street, just … Continue reading