- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 520,538 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 10, 2018Using measurements recorded up to Monday 10 Dec 2018 08:00:00 GMT, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 10, 2018
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: cally road
The return of the Cally Road to two way working has changed the traffic flows in Kings Cross at a time when they were changing anyway due to new development. The new Cally two-way was designed to be part of … Continue reading
Institute of Physics – application for new building in conservation area Balfe Street and Cally Road
The institute of Physics has submitted plans for a new building in the tired old site at the junction of Balfe Street and Cally Road, near Tesco behind the cocktail bar. I know there is a lot of local interest … Continue reading
Awful Kember Street flat – links to the BBC documentary that exposed extent of unlicensed development
It took a BBC documentary to uncover the extent of irresponsible landlord-ism but, in all the chatter about the Kember Street flat few people seem to have gone back to the original source (which doesn’t Google up well). So here … Continue reading
If seems that finally, concrete proposals are emerging for the troubled site at the apex of Balfe Street and Cally Road. It’s been a hoarded-up abused dump since TG Lynes plumbers moved out donkey’s years ago. The Institute of Physics … Continue reading
Lovely film of Kings Cross legend, Dave Elvis from London Cares – who are funding people to make films about older folk. You can find Dave on Twitter and Facebook. The King is not dead, merely living in Kings Cross. … Continue reading
This was a marvelous bacon sandwich – lovely soft brown bread, with a crisp crust only a few hours out of the oven and succulent bacon and a little brown sauce. I ate it at Sunflour Bakery at 263 Caledonian … Continue reading