- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 522,895 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road February 15, 2019Levels for site Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Monday 11 Feb 2019 20:00:00 GMT, Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Tuesday 12 Feb 2019 15:00:00 GMT, Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Trigger)Tuesday 12 Feb 2019 15:00:00 GMT, Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Trigger) For more informat […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road February 15, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Travel
The Royal Mail infrastructure of tunnels that connect East London Whitechapel with the Ventral London Mount Pleasant Postal Sorting Office and the West London Paddington Station and which was closed in 2003 will scandalously reopen in September 2017 as a … Continue reading
We are not willing to continue to take the pollution by cars that are forced through our streets, nor do we wish to accept their noise nor the dangers posed by continuously speeding vehicles.
Good that I have an email from Sadiq Khan, where his assistant promised to look into the traffic at King’s Cross, before he got elected on 11/3/16:
For many, many years local campaigners have doggedly pushed for the dangerous, dirty and unfriendly traffic gyratory system to be removed and replaced with quality public space and safer, healthier roads for all. Their impressive unfailing commitment to achieve a seemingly impossible dream … Continue reading
If local people would like to share their memories of the events ten years ago please do so in the comments below (or mail me and I’ll post them for you). It seems to be popular online as an act … Continue reading
Local residents group CallySouth organised a public meeting attended by 50 people at the Driver pub on Monday June 8. The meeting’s aim was to discuss ways to return traffic levels on Wharfdale Road to those that existed before the new … Continue reading
Taken from callysouth.co.uk: In just over a week, local residents will have the opportunity to discuss the problems caused by the implementation of the two-way system on Caledonian Rd with one of our local councillors, Paul Convery, plus two representatives from Islington Council. … Continue reading
A local resident who lives with their family on Wharfdale Road has sent in these pictures of the traffic backed up at 1738, 0317 (in the morning) and 2040. The resident says it’s like this ‘day and night’, ‘we have … Continue reading
Bad news for local traders on the bottom of the Cally Road as the council proposes taking away some of the the single yellow lines to be replaced by double yellows. There are two single yellow sections – opposite … Continue reading