- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 520,662 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 13, 2018Levels for site Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Wednesday 12 Dec 2018 18:00:00 GMT, Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Thursday 13 Dec 2018 08:00:00 GMT, Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Trigger)Thursday 13 Dec 2018 08:00:00 GMT, Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Trigger) For more inf […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 13, 2018
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Transport
James over at KXLDN has written a very good Olympic travel update for Kings Cross. It’s very much the calm before the storm at the moment until the athletics gets going on Friday, but overall London has shown itself … Continue reading
Thanks to Anna for alerting me to these rather wonderful 3D maps of Kings’ Cross underground.
Thanks to Caroline Pidgeon at the Greater London Assembly for forwarding this news from TFL onto us: TfL has committed to investigating the potential redevelopment of the road layout around Kings Cross to improve safety especially for pedestrians and cyclists, … Continue reading
Kings Cross regulars are well used to congestion at KX and St Pancras. I’m limbering up for a series of articles on getting to the Olympics from Kings Cross to do our bit to help out for the Olympics. When … Continue reading
The opening of the concourse somehow speeds the ticking clock to reveal the station’s original façade. So some renewed interest in it this week: here it is above, as part of a London alphabet on the delightful Spitalfields Life blog. … Continue reading
The “glass pasty”, the “string vest”, the “eyelid” – the western concourse for King’s Cross will not be open for business until next Monday – but it has already acquired a load of nicknames to describe its curved roof and … Continue reading
Over the years I had both successes and failures with TFL in personal correspondences. One amongst others remains unresolved. It is the issue of Swinton Place WC1X 9NF. Swinton Place connects Swinton Street and Acton Street, in the South of … Continue reading
I start the morning with a huge smile. Councillors in Cally ward on the Islington side of KX have announced a road improvement programme for Caledonian Road that includes a new zebra crossing, road build outs, additional parking and canal bridge safety … Continue reading