- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 525,462 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road April 18, 2019Using measurements recorded up to Thursday 18 Apr 2019 11:00:00 BST, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Moderate Index: 5 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :High Index: 7 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website. […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road April 18, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Things to do
Hillview Love my Neighbour Festival Saturday 5th August 2017 2pm to 10pm Live Music Orquestra Estelar Ash Walker Bitter & Twisted The Harmonic Cats Nick & Jon from Midhope Gwang Djembe Drummers Dance Escuela de Baile – flamenco Ankhile Putt … Continue reading
A licence transfer notice for 47-51 Caledonian Road suggests that the relatively shortlived TED restaurant is to be replaced by a steak joint, Flatiron. If this is right, as Kings Cross is short of steak places this is welcome. Reviews … Continue reading
There’s a lot of classic film locations around Kings Cross, but it was news to me that the famous Monty Python Dead Parrot sketch was filmed in Cally Pets at 345 Caledonian Road. The first version of the sketch was … Continue reading
The outdoor King’s Cross pond designed by Ooze Architects has become a firm favourite for both swimmers and urban wildlife enthusiasts. In April we reported that it was threatened with closure. Shortly after that it appeared to have been saved. … Continue reading
Perhaps the easiest way to get to the countryside from King’s Cross is to pop out west towards Denham and surrounding area, just a short train journey or 40 minute-ish drive. Sarah, Green, ex-narrowboat resident of Battlebridge Basin, loved it … Continue reading
It’s great to see the Lighthouse Building back in use, now with a Five Guys burger joint on the ground floor. The conversion is light and airy with a more than 180 degree view of the lovely Kings Cross gyratory. … Continue reading
From 2pm to 6pm on Sunday 5 June 2016 Mike Jackson (of the film ‘Pride‘ fame) will once again open his small plantsman’s garden to the public at 1 Battlebridge Court as part of the Barnsbury Group. Mike’s stunning garden … Continue reading