- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 521,858 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road January 18, 2019Levels for site Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Friday 18 Jan 2019 04:00:00 GMT, Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Friday 18 Jan 2019 05:00:00 GMT, Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding: Low Index: 1 (Trigger)Friday 18 Jan 2019 05:00:00 GMT, Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding: Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more informatio […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road January 18, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Road Safety in Kings Cross
Promises, promises. Promises to deliver safe roads, to remove the infamous King’s Cross gyratory system, to consult, to be transparent in decision making and improve external communication, that’s what we’ve had from Transport for London (TfL). Yet design of a preferred option … Continue reading
After widely publicised accidents and growing understanding about the impact of poor air quality, 2011-12 saw a flurry of activity from Transport for London in a bid to address the many and varied shortcomings of the King’s Cross traffic gyratory … Continue reading
Taken from callysouth.co.uk: In just over a week, local residents will have the opportunity to discuss the problems caused by the implementation of the two-way system on Caledonian Rd with one of our local councillors, Paul Convery, plus two representatives from Islington Council. … Continue reading
Local ward Cllr Paul Convery and the Islington officer in charge of the Caledonian Road scheme Paul Taylor met with residents on Wharfdale Road last Wednesday evening. A resident’s read out of the meeting is in the comments. Thanks to … Continue reading
Bad news for local traders on the bottom of the Cally Road as the council proposes taking away some of the the single yellow lines to be replaced by double yellows. There are two single yellow sections – opposite … Continue reading
This year the Living Streets Supporters Conference will be held right here and will gear the campaign up to get living streets on the political agenda for the 2015 general election. Living Streets is the national campaign for safe, attractive … Continue reading
Last week Transport for London announced a programme of removing old style gyratory systems across London including King’s Cross, which we welcome here with the proviso that the new road system designs provide substantial improvement for vulnerable road users as … Continue reading
Islington Council are currently consulting on changing the south end of The Cally from one way to two way traffic. We welcomed the proposal. Islington Cyclists Action Group, whilst recognising that a return to two way working is a positive … Continue reading