- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 522,895 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road February 15, 2019Levels for site Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Monday 11 Feb 2019 20:00:00 GMT, Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Tuesday 12 Feb 2019 15:00:00 GMT, Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Trigger)Tuesday 12 Feb 2019 15:00:00 GMT, Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Trigger) For more informat […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road February 15, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Local businesses
A licence transfer notice for 47-51 Caledonian Road suggests that the relatively shortlived TED restaurant is to be replaced by a steak joint, Flatiron. If this is right, as Kings Cross is short of steak places this is welcome. Reviews … Continue reading
A boulevard of coffee shops, independent shops and some restaurants, along Kings Cross Road was a long term vision some locals in the South of Kings Cross always had, and it seems that this vision has taken on shape now … Continue reading
Gentrification, love it or loathe it does all sorts of odd things to change how people perceive a neighbourhood. The estates and streets of ‘London’s trendy Kings Cross’ seem to have transcended edgy in the designer pantheon and are now … Continue reading
The owner of the motorbike business Motopsycho, a long standing feature in South Kings Cross, currently residing at 18 Acton Street, is to leave the premises by August, in spite of the owner Keith Pollen in his own words, “always … Continue reading
The Kings Cross based Atelier Tammam, more known for its outstanding ethical fashion and bridal ware have created a “Sustainable World Art Competition & Exhibition” here in Kings Cross,the first of its kind. Come and see the Public Exhibition: May … Continue reading
This was a marvelous bacon sandwich – lovely soft brown bread, with a crisp crust only a few hours out of the oven and succulent bacon and a little brown sauce. I ate it at Sunflour Bakery at 263 Caledonian … Continue reading
The whole food folk at Alara Wholefoods on Camley Street want to eat the fruits of last year’s ploughing the fields and scattering seed. They have a Harvest Feast on Friday evening – details above and in the poster. … Continue reading
Cally pool may be popular amongst some, but the swimming pool has probably seen better days: The changing rooms have permanent stained puddles, the facilities are beyond yesteryear, and who dares to use the toilets or send your child to … Continue reading