- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 526,529 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road May 23, 2019Using measurements recorded up to Thursday 23 May 2019 20:00:00 BST, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road May 23, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Democracy and Elections
The brilliant StillOneLDN with Barnsbury Community Group are running an event on Friday 12th February to give local 14 to 25 year olds the chance to have their say about the election for Mayor of London . Held at the … Continue reading
Your polling card should say where you can vote with a map on it. If you can’t find your polling card then you can go to your local polling station and they can look you up on the register. Your … Continue reading
If you couldn’t make the Islington South and Finsbury hustings this evening at Sadlers Wells here are my tweets of what went on. Like all ‘live tweeting’ it should be treated as impressionistic, rather than deadly accurate – I am not … Continue reading
Sadlers Wells Theatre and Islington Gazette are holding a husting event on the evening of 13 April at seven o’clock where the candidates for Islington South and Finsbury will answer questions from local people. For more details click here. It’s … Continue reading
Candidates for 2015 General Election in Kings Cross – ‘Islington South and Finsbury’ and ‘Holborn and St Pancras’
The official lists of candidates for the two parliamentary wards that cover Kings Cross have been published. In Islington South and Finsbury you can choose between: Jay Kirton Cannabis is Safer than Alcohol Charlie Kiss Green Party Mark Lim The … Continue reading
One way to stay in touch with what the likely candidates for Holborn and St Pancras and Islington South and Finsbury are up to is to follow them on Twitter. Twittelection has Twitter lists for each constituency Holborn and StP and … Continue reading
There’s an election coming in May (in case you hadn’t noticed) and we are debating how to cover it on this website. First can I incite people to register to vote – 1) Go to http://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote 2) Fill in your … Continue reading
If you have issues you want to raise about living or working in the area around the Cally Road then go along to the Caledonian Ward Partnership meeting Wednesday 11 February 7 pm All Saints Church on the corner of … Continue reading