- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 520,662 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 13, 2018Levels for site Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Wednesday 12 Dec 2018 18:00:00 GMT, Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Thursday 13 Dec 2018 08:00:00 GMT, Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Trigger)Thursday 13 Dec 2018 08:00:00 GMT, Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Trigger) For more inf […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 13, 2018
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Green Wall Project
Vert, the 15 metre high wildlife friendly sculpture on Wharfdale Road N1 9UA was almost totally replanted earlier this year by two volunteers from local environment and arts charity King’s Cross Community Projects (KCCP). They entered the Islington in Bloom … Continue reading
Invitations went out last week for a celebration of “Vert”, the KX green sculpture. Was your name on the list? King’s Cross Community Projects, a charitable trust set up to manage the project, raised many thousands of pounds in cash … Continue reading
Local charity King’s Cross Community Projects has been working on the green sculpture project on Wharfdale Road for a while now and is very pleased to say that this morning they set the date for installation: 8am to 4pm Saturday … Continue reading
King’s Cross Community Projects has just posted news of the innovative green sculpture they have commissioned from Sir Anthony Caro’s protege Neil Ayling. The sculpture is currently being built off-site. Click here. They visited the Dagenham workshop last week where … Continue reading
Three members of our community got together with an idea seven years ago. It was mad, it was impossible. It’s currently being built in a workshop in Essex! It’s a way of greening a wall using deep and drought resistant … Continue reading
Local charity King’s Cross Community Projects have finalised all the fixtures and fittings to be attched to the sculpture that will soon be home to a stunning hanging garden on the KX gyratory system. This week they’ll be visiting the … Continue reading
King’s Cross Community Projects has just posted news of the fantastic planting design for the sculptural hanging garden they’ll be installing on the north end of the KX gyratory later this year. Click here for details.
We’ve had such problems with what to call it… it started out as a greenwall, then a vertical garden, then a vertical landscape, then a living sculpture. Now… it’s a mini sculpture garden! The latest update has just been posted … Continue reading