- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 524,557 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 22, 2019Using measurements recorded up to Friday 22 Mar 2019 01:00:00 GMT, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 22, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Big developments
TFL says it needs more time and more consultations on Kings Cross. It is not an unknown. In fact, most people in London will recognize Kings Cross as a manic place for traffic, pedestrians and cyclists. We at Kings Cross … Continue reading
Community based pressure groups always said allowing the eleven storey building heights at the south end of King’s Cross Railways Lands, now trademarked as King’s Cross, and the building height at King’s Place would result in further high buildings locally. … Continue reading
The outdoor King’s Cross pond designed by Ooze Architects has become a firm favourite for both swimmers and urban wildlife enthusiasts. In April we reported that it was threatened with closure. Shortly after that it appeared to have been saved. … Continue reading
All the palaver about off shore companies can feel a little distant at times but you can just walk up to the door of many Kings Cross properties and experience it for yourself. Private Eye produced a map of property acquired … Continue reading
Storm clouds over Kings Place as Guardian moots move in rent negotiation and ding dong over digital direction
The Guardian has fired a traditional opening shot in any rent renegotiation by floating rumours of a move from its Kings Place office. And there’s a right old ding dong about how to finance the Guardian and its digital ambitions … Continue reading
The King’s Cross pond, or ‘Of Soil and Water’ to use the title of this temporary art installation near the York Way railway bridge, was planned to exist for just two years. After that it will be filled in and … Continue reading
Developers propose some large buildings on the land behind the concrete works and construction training centre by Randell’s Road and York Way according to plans published on the Council website yesterday. This is the ‘Islington Triangle’ site that was … Continue reading