- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 525,505 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road April 19, 2019Using measurements recorded up to Friday 19 Apr 2019 10:00:00 BST, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 3 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 3 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road April 19, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Architecture
A wonderful online presentation of the 1893-95 Ordnance Survey sheets for London are available from the National Library for Scotland. At this astonishing scale the detail is exquisite, even within some buildings such as the train stations (predating Google by … Continue reading
The Guardian has now paused work on its creative space planned for the Goods Shed next to Waitrose according to Event Magazine who have a full piece on it. Due to open in Autumn this year the space was always … Continue reading
Robert Milne of King’s Cross Development Forum writes: At its next meeting, on 8 July, the Forum will hear from Heatherwick Studio and Argent about the (possibly controversial) intentions for the Coal Drops. Heatherwick Studio is also designing the Google headquarters … Continue reading
Thomas Hardy, sometime warden of St Pancras Old Church, described West Gallery Quire music in his novels and poetry. This programme will include readings from Hardy and associated music. Audience participation will be invited. London Gallery Quire specialise in the … Continue reading
Camden is being asked by hotel developers to bust through local roofline heights and set a precedent for increased densities and crowding in Kings Cross with an oversize extension to the 1970s ‘Camden Town Hall Extension’ now vacated by the … Continue reading
Institute of Physics – application for new building in conservation area Balfe Street and Cally Road
The institute of Physics has submitted plans for a new building in the tired old site at the junction of Balfe Street and Cally Road, near Tesco behind the cocktail bar. I know there is a lot of local interest … Continue reading
As part of the Expanded Boundaries/Restless Futures series, Central St Martin’s hosts a panel discussion about King’s Cross this Saturday evening. The event runs from 5 to 7pm at The Crossing, Granary Building, 1 Granary Square and places need to … Continue reading
Local Bob Stuckey has got in touch with a lovely proposal to raise funds for plaque to put the King back into Kings Cross – Bob writes: ‘During his lifetime as Prince of Wales, Prince Regent and King George IV … Continue reading