- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 524,680 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 25, 2019Levels for site Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Monday 25 Mar 2019 18:00:00 GMT, Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Monday 25 Mar 2019 19:00:00 GMT, Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding: Low Index: 1 (Trigger)Monday 25 Mar 2019 19:00:00 GMT, Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding: Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more informatio […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 25, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Architecture
The Council put out a statement yesterday reassuring people in the aftermath of the awful Grenfell fire: ‘Islington Council always follows the most up to date advice on all aspects of building safety. I am confident that we have good … Continue reading
Vert, the 15 metre high wildlife friendly sculpture on Wharfdale Road N1 9UA was almost totally replanted earlier this year by two volunteers from local environment and arts charity King’s Cross Community Projects (KCCP). They entered the Islington in Bloom … Continue reading
All the palaver about off shore companies can feel a little distant at times but you can just walk up to the door of many Kings Cross properties and experience it for yourself. Private Eye produced a map of property acquired … Continue reading
Crane rental has been used for many years as a proxy for construction industry activity. Here are eleven at work in Kings Cross.
The King’s Cross pond, or ‘Of Soil and Water’ to use the title of this temporary art installation near the York Way railway bridge, was planned to exist for just two years. After that it will be filled in and … Continue reading
Developers propose some large buildings on the land behind the concrete works and construction training centre by Randell’s Road and York Way according to plans published on the Council website yesterday. This is the ‘Islington Triangle’ site that was … Continue reading
Later today Transport for London will release the initial concept plan for removing the horrendous traffic gyratory system that has blighted lives for decades in King’s Cross. Caledonian Ward Councillor Paul Convery, who has supported this move, said, “We cannot … Continue reading
In case you were wondering what is behind the hoardings at the site of the future Whitbread Hotel at the junction of Wharfdale and York Way it’s a giant hole. Not quite as big as the one under the Guardian … Continue reading