Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Daniel Zylbersztajn on Stop making our Postal Rail a… Albert Beale on Stop making our Postal Rail a… August 2017 –… on Stop making our Postal Rail a… pilgrimbeart on Black-Cab Drivers and idling e… John Ashwell on Kings Cross remains a Race Tra… OC on Kings Cross remains a Race Tra… Geoffrey Eagland on Kings Cross remains a Race Tra… Daniel Zylbersztajn on Kings Cross remains a Race Tra…
Twitter @kingscrossukMy Tweets
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 505,256 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 17, 2017Using measurements recorded up to Sunday 17 Dec 2017 02:00:00 GMT, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 17, 2017
- Saturday: Light Cloud, Minimum Temperature: 1°C (34°F)Minimum Temperature: 1°C (34°F), Wind Direction: North Westerly, Wind Speed: 4mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1018mb, Humidity: 70%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunset: 15:52 GMT
- Sunday: Light Rain, Maximum Temperature: 7°C (45°F) Minimum Temperature: 3°C (37°F)Maximum Temperature: 7°C (45°F), Minimum Temperature: 3°C (37°F), Wind Direction: South Westerly, Wind Speed: 6mph, Visibility: Moderate, Pressure: 1024mb, Humidity: 85%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:01 GMT, Sunset: 15:52 GMT
- Monday: Sunny Intervals, Maximum Temperature: 6°C (43°F) Minimum Temperature: 0°C (32°F)Maximum Temperature: 6°C (43°F), Minimum Temperature: 0°C (32°F), Wind Direction: North North Westerly, Wind Speed: 4mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1030mb, Humidity: 82%, UV Risk: 1, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 08:02 GMT, Sunset: 15:52 GMT
- Saturday: Light Cloud, Minimum Temperature: 1°C (34°F)
Category Archives: Architecture
The Council put out a statement yesterday reassuring people in the aftermath of the awful Grenfell fire: ‘Islington Council always follows the most up to date advice on all aspects of building safety. I am confident that we have good … Continue reading
Vert, the 15 metre high wildlife friendly sculpture on Wharfdale Road N1 9UA was almost totally replanted earlier this year by two volunteers from local environment and arts charity King’s Cross Community Projects (KCCP). They entered the Islington in Bloom … Continue reading
All the palaver about off shore companies can feel a little distant at times but you can just walk up to the door of many Kings Cross properties and experience it for yourself. Private Eye produced a map of property acquired … Continue reading
Crane rental has been used for many years as a proxy for construction industry activity. Here are eleven at work in Kings Cross.
The King’s Cross pond, or ‘Of Soil and Water’ to use the title of this temporary art installation near the York Way railway bridge, was planned to exist for just two years. After that it will be filled in and … Continue reading
Developers propose some large buildings on the land behind the concrete works and construction training centre by Randell’s Road and York Way according to plans published on the Council website yesterday. This is the ‘Islington Triangle’ site that was … Continue reading
Later today Transport for London will release the initial concept plan for removing the horrendous traffic gyratory system that has blighted lives for decades in King’s Cross. Caledonian Ward Councillor Paul Convery, who has supported this move, said, “We cannot … Continue reading
In case you were wondering what is behind the hoardings at the site of the future Whitbread Hotel at the junction of Wharfdale and York Way it’s a giant hole. Not quite as big as the one under the Guardian … Continue reading