- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 526,590 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road May 25, 2019Using measurements recorded up to Saturday 25 May 2019 20:00:00 BST, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road May 25, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Author Archives: William Perrin
A licence transfer notice for 47-51 Caledonian Road suggests that the relatively shortlived TED restaurant is to be replaced by a steak joint, Flatiron. If this is right, as Kings Cross is short of steak places this is welcome. Reviews … Continue reading
The latest sad twist in the HMP Pentonville saga is two prisoners escaping on Sunday night. At present I am going on partial reports being tweeted by Simon Israel and BBC reporter Danny Shaw that the prisoners cut their way … Continue reading
There’s a lot of classic film locations around Kings Cross, but it was news to me that the famous Monty Python Dead Parrot sketch was filmed in Cally Pets at 345 Caledonian Road. The first version of the sketch was … Continue reading
Emily Thornberry MP calls for ‘duty of care’ investigation into Pentonville death and for prison to be closed
The local MP has called for an investigation of the Ministry of Justice’s exercise of an appropriate duty of care to murdered Jamal Mahmoud at HMP Pentonville. The failure of a relevant ‘duty of care’ is at the heart … Continue reading