We have some places for representatives of Kings Cross community organisations and charities on a training scheme from Local Giving to learn how to raise money online. I Info below – drop me a line firstname.lastname@example.org if interested and I’ll pass your name on.
Text from Local Giving
>Many organisations working in London need extra support to start using technology to raise awareness and funds online, and to develop a healthier funding base by building income from individuals. 59% of UK charities with an annual income under £1m do not accept donations online. With ever-increasing online giving, these charities are missing out on a key fundraising channel. As the average online donation is £30, twice the average offline donation, and every £1 invested in online fundraising returns £10, it is essential that small local charities build up their capacity to raise funds online.
This programme is designed to give small local charities and community groups access to the same online marketing tools that are available to larger charities, as well as inspiring the confidence to use them. The impact of such a programme is significant, enabling groups to fundraising online in a manner that is both time and cost-effective. This allows groups to keep in touch with donors and generate additional income without impacting on the resources needed to continue to deliver their frontline services.
· a complete digital skills training package, enabling them to raise awareness and funds online
· a complimentary annual Localgiving membership, providing access to calendar of fundraising campaigns, and online fundraising tools, including donation and Gift Aid processing
· access to a dedicated local support worker
· support to develop and implement an online fundraising strategy and plan
· £300 match funding to help to incentivise donations