Sadly yet another tree has been broken off on York Way. This one has been mainly sawed off at chest height and the top of the tree dumped in Railway Street. Not clear what happened here whether it was a determined vandal with a saw or someone knocked it with a vehicle and then someone sawed it off. The local community has done a lot over the years to support and pay for street trees in this highly urban environment and it’s always sad to see another go. I counted quickly at least three decapitated trees on York Way – as we are in the planting season they could be replaced. Does the council have any funds left for this sort of thing – maybe something from local S106-as-was money?
- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 521,825 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road January 16, 2019Using measurements recorded up to Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 21:00:00 GMT, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website. […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road January 16, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.