TfL has removed the 'pedestrian guard railings' at the confusing junction of Kings Cross Bridge, Pentonville Road and Caledonian Road. The area looks nicer without them. Here's a link to google street view with the railings. As ever TfL's local consultation is a bit primitive. There's been a long debate about whether crossings are safer with or without railings and Civic Voice produced a handy pamhplet. I'd love to see much of Kings Cross become a giant pedestrian scramble like Oxford Circus – where all traffic stops at once and you can cross how you like in safety. Removing the railings is probably for the good here. But TfL needs to live up to its responsibilities, get a proper grip on the road crossings in Kings Cross and put pedestrians first.
- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 524,680 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 25, 2019Levels for site Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Monday 25 Mar 2019 18:00:00 GMT, Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Monday 25 Mar 2019 19:00:00 GMT, Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding: Low Index: 1 (Trigger)Monday 25 Mar 2019 19:00:00 GMT, Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding: Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more informatio […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 25, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.