Property prices have come on a bit since 1086. Way back then Islington as a whole had a taxable value of 2 geld and comprised 27 households, both quite high for the time apparently. There was also land for about 2.5 ploughs and Islington was firmly in the Hundred of Ossulstone. You can have a look for yourself on the wonderful, easy to use online version of the Domesday Book by my friend Anna.
- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 524,680 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 25, 2019Levels for site Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Monday 25 Mar 2019 18:00:00 GMT, Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Monday 25 Mar 2019 19:00:00 GMT, Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding: Low Index: 1 (Trigger)Monday 25 Mar 2019 19:00:00 GMT, Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding: Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more informatio […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 25, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.