Even in gritty concrete Kings Cross spring is a lovely time of year. We have the wonderful canal and associated gardens, some great small parks and thanks to hard work and funding by residents and the council some great street trees. I shot this lovely blossoming something or other (can someone tell me in the comments?) on the Cally Road yesterday next to the pool. We've got loads of wildlife too – i keep hearing of flocks of Goldfinches on the canal eating the Njer seed folk put out. Send in your pics of anything Spring like to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll put as many up on the site as possible. There may even be a prize for the best….
- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 526,606 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road May 26, 2019Using measurements recorded up to Sunday 26 May 2019 14:00:00 BST, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road May 26, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.