- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 520,746 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 15, 2018Using measurements recorded up to Saturday 15 Dec 2018 20:00:00 GMT, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 15, 2018
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
The guys over at BritishRailways.tv have unearthed and restored some remarkable colour cine film of trains coming at going at Kings Cross station in about 1962. There are glimpses of old buildings now long gone.
Whilst it's wonderfully evocative the film also illustrates just how filthy and polluted Kings Cross must have been back then before the transition to diesels. If any readers have memories of living or working with steam in Kings Cross we would welcome them in the comments. If you can't see the embedded player (maybe in our email) then click here.
Copyright etc remains with BritishRailways.tv.