There was an unpleasant sewage problem on Carnoustie Drive on Sunday morning. This manhole cover is overflowing with smelly drain water which flows around the corner onto Bingfield Street and then into a drain near the junction with Caledonian Road. I rang Thames Water but they rang back to say that they had already been out and the drain belonged to the council (hence the rather obvious labelling) they would tell Islington to send an engineer. So I rang Contact Islington and waited for the out of hours contact centre number, which eventually rang out without being answered or me being asked to leave a message. Guess somone will sort it out on Monday. I wonder how much the Council pays for the out of hours service? was a bit surprised i couldn't leave a message.
- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 524,680 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 25, 2019Levels for site Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Monday 25 Mar 2019 18:00:00 GMT, Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Monday 25 Mar 2019 19:00:00 GMT, Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding: Low Index: 1 (Trigger)Monday 25 Mar 2019 19:00:00 GMT, Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding: Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more informatio […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 25, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.