- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 520,532 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 10, 2018Using measurements recorded up to Monday 10 Dec 2018 02:00:00 GMT, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 10, 2018
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Although we think it must have escaped from someone's home not too far away, it didn't seem distressed. Quite the opposite – it came to a human call, played on the guttering on Gatti's Wharf and amazed us all as it stood its ground against well known hoodlum Emily (of the Charlotte & Emily Jackson nee Bronte feline crime family whose operations in and around the basin have us all quaking with fear). Emily backed off and the cockatiel remained! It was finally scared off by the racket from a woodpigeon, hopefully to find its way back home.
If you know that this cockatiel is missing from home, do contact us. We can alert people around the canal to keep an eye and hopefully help return it safely.