- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 524,680 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 25, 2019Levels for site Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Monday 25 Mar 2019 18:00:00 GMT, Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding: Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Monday 25 Mar 2019 19:00:00 GMT, Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding: Low Index: 1 (Trigger)Monday 25 Mar 2019 19:00:00 GMT, Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding: Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more informatio […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 25, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Although we think it must have escaped from someone's home not too far away, it didn't seem distressed. Quite the opposite – it came to a human call, played on the guttering on Gatti's Wharf and amazed us all as it stood its ground against well known hoodlum Emily (of the Charlotte & Emily Jackson nee Bronte feline crime family whose operations in and around the basin have us all quaking with fear). Emily backed off and the cockatiel remained! It was finally scared off by the racket from a woodpigeon, hopefully to find its way back home.
If you know that this cockatiel is missing from home, do contact us. We can alert people around the canal to keep an eye and hopefully help return it safely.