- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 526,355 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road May 19, 2019There are no recent data for Camden - Euston Road.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road May 19, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
At 12 noon today residents and representatives met at King’s Cross Station to formally launch the campaign to open up King’s Cross Station, making it permeable for the whole community as well as other station users. This follows the submission of a long-promised feasibility study by Network Rail to LB Camden (the authority responsible for giving planning permission for the station redevelopment) stating that they will close all current entrances to that station and replace them with one entrance on the western side. This is despite calls from the King’s Cross community to the east, north and south of the station for a more modern approach to station redesign along the lines of Paddington or Liverpool St stations where multiple entrances enable the free-flow of pedetrians creating a safe, open station environment. Campaigners are currently planning a public meeting to take this forward with representatives of Network Rail likely to be held next month.
This week’s freebie, the Islington Tribune, carries a letter from Sophie about the station. We are hoping for more coverage next week…
Group photo left to right: Rachel Katz: resident of Maiden Lane Estate LB Camden, Cllr Paul Braithwaite: LB Camden, Sophie Talbot: King’s Cross Community Projects and Battlebridge Basin resident LB Islington, Parliamentary Candidate Bridget Fox: Islington South & Finsbury, Diana Shelley: Cally Rail Group and north King’s cross resident LB Islington, John Ashwell: King’s Cross Community Projects and Wharfdale Road resident LB Islington.
Network Rail’s feasibility study into provision of a footbridge is available below. Please send your thoughts, opinions, comments on it or anything else to do with opening up King’s Cross Station to firstname.lastname@example.org.