The Ladykillers was one of the great British comedies and filmed in Kings Cross. Thanks to Sarah I have found the original trailer online. I’ve put the trailer in the new site KingsCrossTV.org here (while you are there have a look around at the other videos – some great stuff.) The background shots of 1955 Kings Cross are becoming harder and harder to recognise as development proceeds. But Martin Underwood’s superb, continually updated site here takes you through all the locations with great precision, maps and photos. Alec Guinness was never better, except possibly as George Smiley (and perhaps not as Obi Wan Kanobi).
- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 523,183 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road February 22, 2019Using measurements recorded up to Friday 22 Feb 2019 02:00:00 GMT, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road February 22, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.