Kings Cross isn’t short of gritty urban locations and Randell’s Road is being used for a film shoot again today. A small crew is filming a short called ‘Land Fit for Heroes’ about three men in an old folks home who set out to rob a bank. But their car has had its wheels stolen. Perhaps not on the same scale as the Ladykillers and Harry Potter, the film will hit festivals, not multiplexes. Islington Councils Film office is here. Previous shoots on Randell’s Road have used the imposing, crumbling Victorian brick wall of the old mortuary railways station as a back drop. York Central the wonderful art deco building with views overlooking Kings Cross and St Pancras is also used for filming and photo shoots. Somewhat less gritty is Thornhill Square in Barnsbury (or Kings Cross Borders, as Barnsbury is becoming known). Thornhill square has seen filming for Four Weddings and others but i remember it best for an episode of The Professionals where Body and Doyle are hunting the Bulgarian secret service set up in a house on the square – there is a good chase scene through a wedding party at the church.
- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 526,606 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road May 26, 2019Using measurements recorded up to Sunday 26 May 2019 14:00:00 BST, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 1 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road May 26, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.