Kings Cross isn’t short of gritty urban locations and Randell’s Road is being used for a film shoot again today. A small crew is filming a short called ‘Land Fit for Heroes’ about three men in an old folks home who set out to rob a bank. But their car has had its wheels stolen. Perhaps not on the same scale as the Ladykillers and Harry Potter, the film will hit festivals, not multiplexes. Islington Councils Film office is here. Previous shoots on Randell’s Road have used the imposing, crumbling Victorian brick wall of the old mortuary railways station as a back drop. York Central the wonderful art deco building with views overlooking Kings Cross and St Pancras is also used for filming and photo shoots. Somewhat less gritty is Thornhill Square in Barnsbury (or Kings Cross Borders, as Barnsbury is becoming known). Thornhill square has seen filming for Four Weddings and others but i remember it best for an episode of The Professionals where Body and Doyle are hunting the Bulgarian secret service set up in a house on the square – there is a good chase scene through a wedding party at the church.
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Twitter @kingscrossukMy Tweets
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 486,205 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 30, 2017Using measurements recorded up to Thursday 30 Mar 2017 21:00:00 BST, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 3 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Trigger)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Trigger) For more information please see the London Air website.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 30, 2017
- Thursday: Light Cloud, Minimum Temperature: 12°C (54°F)Minimum Temperature: 12°C (54°F), Wind Direction: South South Easterly, Wind Speed: 8mph, Visibility: Good, Pressure: 1019mb, Humidity: 53%, UV Risk: 4, Pollution: Low, Sunset: 19:30 BST
- Friday: Light Cloud, Maximum Temperature: 16°C (61°F) Minimum Temperature: 10°C (50°F)Maximum Temperature: 16°C (61°F), Minimum Temperature: 10°C (50°F), Wind Direction: South South Westerly, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: Very Good, Pressure: 1010mb, Humidity: 63%, UV Risk: 3, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 06:39 BST, Sunset: 19:32 BST
- Saturday: Light Cloud, Maximum Temperature: 15°C (59°F) Minimum Temperature: 8°C (46°F)Maximum Temperature: 15°C (59°F), Minimum Temperature: 8°C (46°F), Wind Direction: South South Westerly, Wind Speed: 9mph, Visibility: Very Good, Pressure: 1010mb, Humidity: 59%, UV Risk: 3, Pollution: Low, Sunrise: 06:37 BST, Sunset: 19:33 BST
- Thursday: Light Cloud, Minimum Temperature: 12°C (54°F)