I stumbled across this superb living history piece (click here) from a former resident of the awful Beaconsfield Buildings that used to be on the site of Bingfield Park and 8 Rufford Street. Absolutely fascinating lesson of how state of the art social housing can go bad, in this case very bad. A lesson we should remember as our representatives approve increasingly dense housing in the planning system. It may work nicely when it is new, but we could be storing up problems for future generations
- The Wait continues for Changes to the Kings Cross Gyratory
- Time for… Brand New Community Cafe / Centre opened on Pentonville Road
- Checkpoint Cally to be set up at Kings Cross post Brexit
- London Wildlife Trust heroes at work again
- Stop making our Postal Rail a tourist attraction and get back to it carrying mail!
Looking for something here?
Get email updates from us
What people are saying
Follow us on Google+
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
Do people read this stuff?
- 524,711 hits since Nov 2011
Big local issues
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 27, 2019Using measurements recorded up to Wednesday 27 Mar 2019 00:00:00 GMT, for Camden - Euston Road (Roadside) Species Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Species PM10 Particulate (PM10) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Measurement)Species PM2.5 Particulate (PM25) Banding :Low Index: 2 (Measurement) For more information please see the London Air websi […]
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road March 27, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.