Looking for something here?
Big local issues
Get email updates from us
Follow us on Google+
Things to do in King’s Cross
Report street problems
... and if it's a major problem,
contact us as well and we'll write about it on this site
What people are saying
Albert Beale on Islington Cyclists Action Grou… Aroon on Do you think Cally Pool is a f… John Ashwell on Sign the letter to Google for… Olga on New French bakery Aux Pains de… Andrea on TfL escapes corporate manslaug… papitochulito on Noisy council depot in Outram… Ron Mooney on Sign the letter to Google for… papitochulito on Noisy council depot in Outram…
Do people read this stuff?
- 273,340 hits since Nov 2011
What's hot on this siteAnti Social Behaviour, Crime etc Architecture Arts and Entertainment Broken Stuff on the Street Community groups Community Health and Welfare Current Affairs Food and Drink How to get things done locally King's Cross People Kings Cross local history Kings Cross N1C, railwayslands Kings Cross Station Refurbishment Noticeboard Planning, Licensing and Regulation Road Safety in Kings Cross Street Tipping, Mess, Trash Transport Wildlife and Nature Young People
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 5, 2013There are no recent data for Camden - Euston Road.
- LAQN Site Camden - Euston Road December 5, 2013
- Friday: white cloud, Max Temp: 6°C (43°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F)Max Temp: 6°C (43°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: WNW, Wind Speed: 9mph, Visibility: good, Pressure: 1030mb, Humidity: 74%, UV risk: n/a, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 07:51GMT, Sunset: 15:52GMT
- Saturday: white cloud, Max Temp: 9°C (48°F), Min Temp: 6°C (43°F)Max Temp: 9°C (48°F), Min Temp: 6°C (43°F), Wind Direction: WSW, Wind Speed: 9mph, Visibility: good, Pressure: 1027mb, Humidity: 90%, UV risk: n/a, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 07:52GMT, Sunset: 15:52GMT
- Sunday: white cloud, Max Temp: 11°C (52°F), Min Temp: 7°C (45°F)Max Temp: 11°C (52°F), Min Temp: 7°C (45°F), Wind Direction: WSW, Wind Speed: 10mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1025mb, Humidity: 84%, UV risk: n/a, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 07:53GMT, Sunset: 15:51GMT
- Friday: white cloud, Max Temp: 6°C (43°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F)
At 12 noon today residents and representatives met at King’s Cross Station to formally launch the campaign to open up King’s Cross Station, making it permeable for the whole community as well as other station users. This follows the submission of a long-promised feasibility study by Network Rail to LB Camden (the authority responsible for giving planning permission for the station redevelopment) stating that they will close all current entrances to that station and replace them with one entrance on the western side. This is despite calls from the King’s Cross community to the east, north and south of the station for a more modern approach to station redesign along the lines of Paddington or Liverpool St stations where multiple entrances enable the free-flow of pedetrians creating a safe, open station environment. Campaigners are currently planning a public meeting to take this forward with representatives of Network Rail likely to be held next month.
This week’s freebie, the Islington Tribune, carries a letter from Sophie about the station. We are hoping for more coverage next week…
Group photo left to right: Rachel Katz: resident of Maiden Lane Estate LB Camden, Cllr Paul Braithwaite: LB Camden, Sophie Talbot: King’s Cross Community Projects and Battlebridge Basin resident LB Islington, Parliamentary Candidate Bridget Fox: Islington South & Finsbury, Diana Shelley: Cally Rail Group and north King’s cross resident LB Islington, John Ashwell: King’s Cross Community Projects and Wharfdale Road resident LB Islington.
Network Rail’s feasibility study into provision of a footbridge is available below. Please send your thoughts, opinions, comments on it or anything else to do with opening up King’s Cross Station to firstname.lastname@example.org.